Chickpeas / Garbanzo - 2 cups (cooked)
Cumin seeds - 1 1tsp
Asafetida - pinch
Besan - 1 tbs
Tomato puree - 1 cup
Chilli powder - 1tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tbs
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the garbanzo overnight and pressure cook it with salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Crack cumin seeds and add asafetida.
- Add the besan and stir fry it for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree. Stir and cook till oil seperates.
- Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder. saute it for a minute.
- Add a cup of water and salt.
- Add the cooked chana and cook for about 15 minutes on a low flame or untill the gravy thickens.
- Add garam masala. Stir it for a minute.
- Chana masala is now ready to serve with chapathi, naan, poori, rice etc.
If you like this post, please follow my blog or subscribe to my blog by email / RSS. Feel free to leave your comments. I would love to hear from you.
Linking to : Food on Friday, Weekend re-Treat, Create with joy, Recipe Swap Hop,