Chicken - ½ lb
Yellow Onion – 1 (chopped)
Tomato – 2 (chopped)
Coconut milk -1 cup
Bay leaf – 1
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1inch stick
Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
Green chili – 2
Garlic – 2 cloves (chopped)
Red chili powder – 11/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Oil – 3 tbs
Curry leaves – 5-7
Salt to taste
Cilantro to garnish
- Wash the chicken and cut in to pieces.
- Grind the coconut by adding 1 cup of water and make a thick milk.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves, fennel seed, and cumin seeds and saute it for a minute.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and chilli and fry until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute it till it becomes mushy.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and saute it for a minute.
- Add coconut milk and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and one cup of water and cook until the chicken is done and oil separates from the gravy.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with rice, idli, dosa, chapattis etc.