|Coconut Rice with Chicken Masala|
Rice - 2 cups boiled rice
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Oil - 2 tsp
Red chili - 3
Curry leaf - 7 to 10
Cumin seed - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seed - 1/2 tsp
Chana dal - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Roasted peanut - 1/2 cup (optional)
Asafetida - pinch
Cilantro to garnish
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds wait until the seeds crack.
- Add chana dal, urad dal, cumin, chili and curry leaf and stir fry for a minute.
- Add asafetida mix it well.
- Add grated coconut and salt and cook for about a minute.
- Now add the precooked rice, peanut and mix gently.
- Garnish with cilantro. Perfect for lunch box.