Vermicelli – 1 cup
Onion – 1(chopped)
Tomato – 1 (chopped)
Green chili – 2 (chopped)
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 5-7
Water – 1.5 cups
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin - ½ tsp
Channa dal – ½ tsp
Urad dal - ½ tsp
Oil – 2tsp
Salt to taste
- Dry roast the vermicelli in a pan until it turns golden brown and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Crack the mustard seeds and add chana dal, urad dal, cumin and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and saute for few minutes until it turns transparent.
- Add turmeric, green chili and chopped tomatoes and saute it for another 5 minutes.
- Add water and salt.
- When the water starts boil, add the roasted vermicelli and cook until the semiya gets dried and cooked.
- Add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.