|Spicy Potato Fry|
Potato (medium size) – 2 (boiled and cubed)
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Garlic – 1 clove (chopped)
Green chilli - 1
Curry leaves – 10
Chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
Mustard seeds– 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1tsp
Oil - 1 tbs
Salt to taste
Cilantro to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, Add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Let it sputter.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and chilli and fry till onion turns transparent.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and mix it well.
- Sprinkle some water and stir it for a minute.
- Add cubed potatoes and saute it without breaking the potatoes.
- Cook on low flame till the potatoes turn golden brown and nicely coated with masala.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy with coconut rice, lemon rice, sambar rice, chapattis etc.
If you like this post, please follow my blog or subscribe to my blog by email / RSS . Please feel free to leave your comments. I would love to hear from you.